Decided to join in the fun of Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Today’s topic is top 10 books on your TBR list for Winter!
1. The Odds by Stewart O’Nan – Won ARC on Goodreads. Excited to read!
2. The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest by Stieg Larsson – Two books technically, but want to finish this series so I can start another.
3. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – Reading for January book club. Magical Realism is always a bang-up good time!
4. Motherless Brooklyn by Jonathan Lethem – Up next on my bookshelves. Never read anything by Lethem, and I love discovering new authors to love.
5. Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell – A HUGE novel that has sat on my shelves for a couple of years now. Always super intimidated by chunky classics, but ready to give it a go.
7. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck – Time to remedy the fact that I have never read any Steinbeck.
8. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer – With the movie coming out, I obviously want to read the novel first. Also, really love reading stories related to 9/11 – I have a bit of morbid curiosity about that day.
9. The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach – Has topped many best of 2011 lists and there’s a baseball theme, sounds perfect!
10. Emma by Jane Austen – Will be my first re-read of 2012. Austen is a fav and I try to re-read one of her novels every year.