Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Today’s topic is Top Ten Books you’d recommend to someone who doesn’t like X (fill in the blank). I’ve chosen my Top Ten Favorite Short Stories for those who think they hate short stories. They are in no particular order and are linked to the actual story online so you can have fun reading! Also, these stories are a great introduction to some amazing authors and are often much more accessible than longer novel length works. Give them a try!
1. Young Goodman Brown by Nathaniel Hawthorne
2. A&P by John Updike
3. The Lottery by Shirley Jackson
4. The Monkey’s Paw by W.W. Jacobs
5. The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving
6. The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allen Poe
7. The Story of an Hour by Kate Chopin
8. Hills Like White Elephants by Ernest Hemingway
9. A Rose for Emily by William Faulkner
10. A Good Man is Hard to Find by Flannery O’Connor