This week’s TTT asks us, the readers, this question: what do you want to read about? What plots and characters and time periods and genres do you want to get lost in? Here are a few of my wishes:
1. More nostalgia fiction/nonfiction. What I mean is, more stuff set in or about the 1980s and 1990s. I cannot get enough.
2. More genre in literary fiction. Let’s have more well-written, thought provoking books starring vampires and werewolves. More outer space next to Alice Munro. And romance stories that defy my bitter heart much like Me Before You.
3. More Westerns. BECAUSE. Cowboys are sexy.
4. More accountants/lawyers/managers/office workers. I might be biased here.
5. More mixed media novels. Who doesn’t like pictures and other tidbits in their reading experience? We’ve been bringing books to cinema for so long. Time to bring a little cinema to the book.
6. Book soundtracks. That needs to be a thing that happens on the regular.
7. More diversity. Never a bad thing.
8. More time travel. Please, please, please.
9. More horror. Where did all the really great amazing horror go?
10. More Emma Thompson. I just want her to sit down one afternoon and write a book of her thoughts about all the things.