Yay! Happy Read-a-Thon everyone. So excited to be participating for the first time and plan to update the blog every 3-4 hours with my progress. I also plan to visit the social networks and visit blogs for about 10 minutes each hour! I couldn’t narrow down my book choices to a small stack. I really, really tried, but failed. Instead, all unread (and even some read) books in my house have an equal opportunity to be selected at some point today! I’m starting out with I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith!
Pretty much have the whole day to myself. The Hubs doesn’t understand what a read-a-thon is so he’s so confused right now. He thinks it’s some huge competition where I have to beat everyone else and read the most pages. I would lose. Have had about 4 hours of sleep.
Good Luck everyone!!!!
Update #1: Hour 3
Just past 10 am here on the east coast and I’ve managed to read for a good portion of the first two hours. I did get a late start (8:20), have spent some time taking care of my dogs, and now have had an extended computer break so I’m almost ready to dive back in. Really enjoying I Capture the Castle!
Pages read: 65
Update #2: Beginning Hour 5!
We’re closing in on the final few seconds of the fourth hour!! The time has really flown by. Wheat Thins and water have been my best friends so far. Jimmy has finally woken up (so jealous of his sleeping in) to go have lunch with his parents while I stay here and continue reading. About to go have some hearty potato soup to keep my strength up! Still trying to decide whether or not I’m going to take some time off tonight and go to the haunted house with friends. I Capture the Castle hasn’t become boring yet – a sign of a really good book when you can barely hold your sleepy eyes open!
Pages read since last update: 45
Total Pages read: 110
Update #3: Hour 8 – I’ve won a prize!
So, I took a 2 hour nap after lunch which was much necessary if I’m to continue reading. And while I slept I won a prize! Not sure what I’ve won, but will journey over to the main blog shortly to find out. Also, a book came in the mail just now! Have decided to have dinner with Hubs and friends at 7 and then go to the Haunted House. Will probably get home around 11 or midnight which still leaves me plenty of hours to read!
Pages read since last update: 41
Total pages read: 151 (I’ve been asleep!!!)
Update #4: Hour 12 is quickly approaching!
Headed out for the haunted house! Will continue reading when I get home. The Hubs has disrupted my reading the past hour by having friends over so I’m behind where I wanted to be, but have still had a blast!
Pages read since last update: 46
Total pages read: 197
Update #5: It’s 1 am!!
So I’m back from my festivities and hope to get some more reading in tonight before passing out! I probably won’t update this post again until tomorrow morning with my final tallies. I hope everyone continues to have an awesome readathon! I’ve enjoyed my first time out exceedingly and hope to have less distractions next go around.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Atlanta, Georgia!!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Um…see post above where I couldn’t narrow it down. I love ALL THE BOOKS!
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? My homemade potato soup.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! Hi! I’m Brooke and head of this lovely blog dedicated to books and whatever wackiness is currently taking place in my life – right now I’m on a food blogging kick.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I’m looking forward most to connecting with everyone throughout the day and coming together over the awesomeness that is books.